Why quick online courses are worth looking into
It is a common misconception in life that going to university is the only way to be successful. We can tell you now that it’s not. When it comes to deciding what path you want to take, there are so many other options available. Instead of having mountains of pressure on you to go to university and get a degree, we believe it’s important to cover all the options before making a decision. Maybe online courses are more suited than traditional university studies?
We want to show you that you don’t need university to get ahead. We have put together a list of the all the best quick online courses that Australia has to offer. Don’t ever settle for what you’re told to do! If a quick online course is what you want then maybe we can help!
Online courses: gateway to success
University is not a necessity for success. It opens many doors for those who wish to attend but it is not the only thing that can do that. Quick online courses allow students to pick and choose exactly what they want to study. You can basically design your course to match your career ambitions more accurately.
Here is a list of all the advantages you would get from online courses Australia:
Variety of programs and courses
Students are not limited to what they can study online. You can even do a complete university equivalent degree online. If you live in a certain area that might not offer the course you want to study, an online course will save you from missing out.
Online courses generally cost a fraction of the price of traditional university degrees. Even if the cost of the online course doesn’t beat a traditional degree, you will still save by avoiding all the other associated costs such as, commuting, text books and campus expenses.
More comfortable and flexible learning environment
As there are no physical class session that you must attend, you can carry out your studies anywhere and at any time. Therefore, if you don’t feel like changing out of your pyjamas that day, you don’t have to. You get to create a study environment that works for you and you can work your study schedule around your everyday life.
You have the ability to be distracted by anything when you’re sitting in a traditional University lecture. The guy playing tetras in front of you, the person cracking their knuckles up the back or the moth that’s hovering below the ceiling. Therefore, doing online courses allows you to study in an environment of your choosing and in your own time. This means your mind is less inclined to be distracted as the study you’re doing is more voluntary.
Like any course, online studies allow students to follow their career ambition and open the doors they want to walk through. Online courses don’t limit a person’s options upon completion, they expand them just as a traditional university degree would.
Online courses allow the students to continue their current profession and they help them obtain any further qualifications. This is useful if studying is something that they’ve decided to do a little bit later in life and they’re already settled into a comfortable work regime and budget plan. The student won’t need to cut down their hours and change too much about their routine unless they want to.
If you missed out on doing a core subject and don’t want to prolong your studies any further, you can study that subject online and transfer the credits to your primary degree. This can help you keep your studies on track. It could even shorten the amount of time it takes to get your degree.
Improve technical skills
Even the most basic online courses require the development of new computer skills. Students will learn to navigate different management systems and programs which could translate to many professions.
Online studnets network with peers all over the nation. Therefore, not only can you make friends, you can also develop excellent references and connections with people who may be able to help you later in your career.
If you’re still not sold then here are some of the highest-paying jobs you can get without a traditional university degree:
- Construction Manager – potential salary range: $90k – $280k.
- Air Transport Professionals – potential salary range: $56k – $285K.
- Crane, Hoist and Lift Operators – potential salary range: $52k – $177k.
- Mining professionals – potential salary range: $56k – $300k.
- Managers – potential salary range: $50k – $300k+.
- Gas, Petroleum and Oil Power Plant Operators – potential salary range: $75k – $120k.
- Information and Communications Technology Professionals – potential salary range: $40k – $350k.
- Work Health and Safety Professionals – potential salary range: $50k – $200k.
- Entrepreneurs – potential salary range: $0 to infinite (Bills Gates makes approximately $US1.54 million per hour!).
- Popstar – potential salary range: $0 – $170 million (roughly).
Now that you know why online courses are a great alternative to traditional university, keep reading and find out which ones are available to you.
The best online courses Australia
- Open Colleges
- Open Universities Australia
- Online Study Australia
- TAFE Courses Online
Online courses Australia – are they for me?
Determining whether doing an online course is best for you generally depends on your own personal situation. Perhaps an online course isn’t the best option for you if you’re coming straight out of high school and your study regime isn’t overly disciplined. Otherwise, if you are an autonomous worker then completing your studies online might suit you perfectly. Online courses are designed to work for many types of people.
Types of people online courses are suited for
- Parents with young children.
- Full-time or part-time workers that don’t have time to spare during the week.
- Full-time workers that are looking to broaden their skills within their field.
- Lone wolf’s who are single-minded and ambitious with little need for encouragement or assistance.
- People who like to complete their studies in their own time without too much add pressure, they may need extra encouragement from online tutors to full understand the subject.
- People with busy social lives and limited time to attend traditional classes.
- Students who are already studying at a traditional university but would like to add some credits to their degree, or be able to transfer credit so that can graduate sooner.
- Students who live in remote areas and don’t have to option of travelling to a campus.
- People who are living abroad but still want to complete a diploma or degree.
There is no particular learning style that is predominant among Australian students. As mentioned before, it is completely dependent on your own personal situation. Online courses are definitely rising in popularity due to the convenience and flexibility they offer students.
Where can you study online courses?
Online courses allow students to complete their studies from anywhere around the world. You don’t just have to enrol with an Australian online institution, you can apply anywhere. If you’ve always wanted to undertake a diploma in Journalism at Oxford University, you can do that from your living room in Australia. This is known as a distance education and it primarily suits those who are geographically isolated from the campus they wish to attend.
Distance education works for students in junior, and high school whose individual circumstances don’t allow for them to attend class. Online courses not only offer cheaper tuition fees for geographically isolated students, they also give them equal opportunity to obtain a proper education despite their restricting circumstances.
How do online courses work?
If you’re unfamiliar with the concept of online learning, it is quite straight forward. Basically, you enrol just like you would a traditional university, then you just select what you want to study, and find the course that is best for you. Most online learning institutions will offer an online chat room if you need any assistance otherwise you can give them a call if you have any further questions.
As soon as you are enrolled in your online course, you can start your studies. You just log in to your dynamic virtual classroom, connect with your online tutors and other students and then submit your assessments. You can jump in and out when you like and work through your credits at a pace that suits you. Most classes are self-paced; however, some do adhere to a calendar that mirrors the schedule of an on-campus course and its corresponding assessment deadlines.
Furthermore, the beauty of online courses is that it’s completely up to you. Whether you want the pressure of strict deadlines or you like to do things in your own time, it doesn’t matter. Therefore, there will be a course out there that fits yours needs perfectly.
Can I get fee help for online courses?
Yes, you can. HECS-HELP loan schemes often cover online learning institutions. Your eligibility for this fee help depends on whether or not the institution is supported under the Commonwealth. Some other eligibility requirements include:
- You must be an Australia citizen, or a New Zealand Special Visa holder who meets the long-term residency requirements or you must be a Humanitarian visa holder
- Be enrolled in your subjects at your university by the census date
- You must meet the relevant HECS-HELP residency requirements
- Submit a valid request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP form by the census date
For more information on the eligibility requirements, visit HECS-HELP
Am I eligible for online courses Australia?
Online learning institution acceptance is much like traditional university acceptance. Academic merit generally determines eligibility it, however the eligibility requirements may vary between institutions. Some requirements may include:
- Proof of completion of year 12, including a document outline your overall ATAR/ENTER/OP or equivalent score.
- Official transcript from undergraduate or post-graduate studies
- Diploma/ advanced diploma certificate and transcript
You can confirm the eligibility requirements of your chosen institution in the application process, otherwise get in touch with them via online chat room or phone.
Online courses are a great alternative to traditional university learning. Many people like to do things in their own time, on their own terms. Or perhaps they’re geographically isolated from their desired campus, or they’re a parent or full-time worker with multiple obligations. Whatever the reason, online courses are perfect for them!
If you don’t qualify for HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP, get in touch with us. We can help customers take another step closer to the career of their dreams. Don’t let money get in the way of your education! Quick Online Loans will always try to find a way to get you to where you want to be!
Keep upto date with you’re finances, maybe start reading some informational books.